Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Click here to visit the main website.
Please consider donating to help with the server renewal costs. See the forum thread here.
New to the server? Click here for the main website.

Hacking

edited April 2012 in Grievances
I want to talk about something this server's had a bit of a problem with since day one. Space3Trance. He's been hacking since he joined. He admitted it to me in Skype, and, I must admit, I'm not completely innocent either. He sent me a minecraft.jar download with Nodus on it, and I've used it since April 3. I never used it to grief or cause harm to others, but I did use it to get around faster and get diamonds. And if I have to be punished for it, I'll take whatever you give me. But lately, Space has been a complete and total nuisance with his hacking. His flymod hit the world generator so hard that nobody could connect for about 30 minutes. He came out about his hacking, but continued afterwards. I uninstalled my hacks because I genuinely felt like it was ruining the game and I shouldn't do it. And I uninstalled them yesterday and told everyone using hacks that we should give it up and quit.

After all the work I've put in though, bettering the community and working to help out people for no reason other than to be helpful, Spac3 told me I couldn't live on the island that I travel led 16,000 blocks to get to, and said he wanted to build his city there. He only got there so fast because he was using flymod.

[3/15/2012 8:55:30 PM] sebastian: i know everything about hacking
[3/15/2012 8:55:37 PM] sebastian: and i'm trying to use my ahcks
[3/15/2012 8:55:41 PM] sebastian: to help people
[3/15/2012 8:57:22 PM] sebastian: don't ever talk about anyoen hacking not even wisper in chat

That's in Skype when he was talking about hacking. Exact copy paste.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    He was cool at first, but now he's just as bad as any griefer.
  • I agree i used them for a week felt bad got rid of then now and mining legit but i have been spoken to about that already

but i agree space thinks hes better as he is constantly hacking any using fly to get around its just wrong i think he should be removed as hes giving everyone the diamonds he has hacked for and also he stone all my stuff just becuse i was off for a week due to internet to come back on with my house demolished replaced and my items gone and space "taking ownership" of my items then killing me alot as i try to get them back i dont think this is right and would like to see somthing happen soon
  • ohh really mark well be affraid because i got u on fresh video u hacking and flying if u don't want me to show it than u better keep ur mouth shut.
  • and riku u got all ur items using hacks
  • edited April 2012
    You guys can rest assured of two things:
    1. We know exactly who is using hacks and how recently thanks to the server logs
    2. It's definitely not something we take lightly

The admins have been discussing this issue at length for a while now. Not all of the votes are in yet, but the ones cast so far favor permanent bans for everyone who has used or is using hacks, especially those who were warned and continued to use them, and/or lied about using them at any point.

If you are one of these players (you know who you are, and we know who you are) and want to make an appeal for leniency, here's what you need to do:

Send an email to mcadmins@sitosis.com and explain why we shouldn't just permanently ban you.

Continued bickering and finger pointing as exemplified by this thread does not help your case, and is ultimately pointless because, as I mentioned, we already know who's hacking.
This discussion has been closed.