Please consider donating to help with the server renewal costs. See the forum thread here.
New to the server? Click here for the main website.

Server Changes A-Comin'

edited January 2014 in News and Announcements
Note: Several community members have expressed an interest in helping to take over the hosting and administrative duties of the server, which will allow me to step down from my responsibilities while still keeping the server and community alive. I will post more information as the details are worked out. Original post is still below.

Hey guys,

Normally around this time I'd start asking for donations to help pay for another year of the server. It's been a hard decision, but I won't be doing that again this year. Once the server's current billing cycle is over at the end of February, I won't be renewing it.

This community that spawned around the server has grown beyond anything I could have imagined when I first set it up three years ago, and I can honestly say I am proud and happy to have been a part of what you guys have built here. You're some of the most considerate and good-natured people I've had the pleasure of knowing. Unfortunately my real life circumstances are changing and Minecraft is too low in my priorities right now to justify the time, energy, and money required to continue maintaining the server.

It's been a memorable three years. I laughed; I cried; I went AFK and returned to find myself buried in obsidian half way across the map. Thank you all for making this server the amazing home it has become.

My name is Rudism on both Steam and Xbox Live. I don't play on either too often anymore, but when I do I hope it's with some of you guys because every member who has passed through this server has been a joy to play with.

Feel free to use this thread to share resources to help find a new server to play on, or leave contact details for other members with whom you'd like to keep in touch.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." --Dr. Seuss

Comments

• Well, what can I say, it's a shock, most definitely. The Sitosis community has been something I've never experienced before online. Lots of fun was had, new friends were made (some very close). It's been an absolutely awesome time here and thank you for making this happen.
  • I definitely didn't see this coming. This is one of the few servers I've actually continued playing on ever since I've gotten on, and it's definitely my favorite. It's gonna be tough when this server goes down. I've probably spent more time on this server than pretty much any other game ever. Thanks for making this server possible, Rudism. I wish you luck in whatever you have going on. I've had a blast on this server, and it's been awesome getting to know you all (digitally). Til the next time
  • What! Just when I thought the time has come to play more often ... :(

HOW COULD YOU, RUDI !!!

If anything I expect a massive going-away-party with blackjack and hookers. In fact - forget the party, just get us the rest.

If tomorrow was new year's eve, I would wish for three more years of this. All of you guys, the pranks, the silly polls, the ridiculous land/continent claims, that no one can keep track of. And above all, the super cool time spent together exploring caves, experimenting on chickens and stealing diamonds. Wait, what? :P
  • I'll definitely miss this server, it's the first server I was ever a part of, and the only one where I could call myself a member of the community. Thank you for starting it and letting it run this long.

I definitely don't want to see it end though, is it something you would rather died with you, or would you consider passing on the reigns to another community member? Although I'm definitely not the most qualified, if no one else is able, Warzorack and I would be willing to try to keep it running.

My steam name is Rockser11 if anyone wants to find me that way.

Whatever happens, it's been a great few years. Thanks for the memories.
  • This server has been the best gaming experience of my life, and though this was unexpected, Rockser and I are fully willing to take continue the Sitosis legacy. Though we do not have the most server management experience, we feel this has been too great of an pastime to let go. However, if it is truly time to say goodbye, then I say it not with despair, but with thanks. For this server has been a great adventure. Thank you all.

My IGN for all things game related is Warzorack, steam games, battle.net, and anything else, so reach out to me there.
  • Oh man, it'll be sad to see it go, but at least we've got over a month to say godbye to the server. I've been on the server for about a year or so now, on and off, but I've gotten to know a few of the members.
    This is such a great community to be a part of, and there have been some great moments. Hope to see a lot of you on in the coming month, and if anyone wants to keep in touch, even though I'm mostly a server recluse, my Steam name is myriadgene.

Rudy, even though I've only seen you on a max of maybe three times while I've been a member, thank-you for being a great admin and on running a fantastic survival server.
  • I wanted to wait a bit before making this post, but I'm worried about people running away.

So, after reading the initial post yesterday, and after some serious thinking, I offered to take over the financial and management side of running the server. We'll see exactly how and when, but right now I want to save this awesome community. I don't have as much free time as I used to, but with help from others, we should do fine.

Don't panic just yet :) .
  • a sitosis shut down?
    up with this i will not put!
  • edited January 2014
    I've been absent as well, but I'm in a new house and 3 weeks away from a new baby boy. I'm just getting around to setting up my office at the house. Also Grand Turismo 6 is taking up some of my free time. Soon the Minecraft itch will rear it's head.

So I'll be around with you Asum2, and I plan on donating just to have a nice quiet server to go to when I need to get some MC.
  • edited January 2014
    Just an update to let everybody know what's going on.

We've started the process of transferring the server management duties from Rudy to me. There are no major changes planned and my main aim is to have everything continuing to run smoothly.

On a related note - as Rudy already said in his original post, it's the time of year when we ask for your support to pay for another year of the server. The outcome of the donation drive will directly decide the server specs for this year. Stay tuned for more details soon.

EDIT: please see this post for this year's fundraiser:
    http://minecraft.sitosis.com/forum/discussion/446/2014-fundraiser
  • My reactions so far: :) :I :( D: :/ :O :D You guys are all awesome, Rudy, for putting this server up for so long and Asum for taking the mighty sitosis under his wing. I'll definitely be donating - and apologies for this post being so out of whack, I've only started playing MC again a couple of days prior.
  • Well, I'm sad to hear that. But I'm also glad the server isn't lost. Thanks asum. I hope your real life allows you to visit us every so often, Rudi.

If you need help, which you probably don't, I'd be glad to help out with administration. I can't help with the money side of things (having little experience of my own with finances), but I can certainly help with Bukkit, mods, and such, and anything else like that. I administrated a server (having held the senior moderator rank) after the owner had a busy real life like Rudi so I know much it sucks.

I'm going to miss seeing you around as often.
    Thanks for doing your best!

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
Drop image/file