Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Click here to visit the main website.
The server was updated to 1.12 and a new map generated.
New to the server? Click here for the main website.

What happened to blobby oil platform 2?

edited August 2014 in General
It looks like it burned down: http://minecraft.sitosis.com/map/#/-2/64/-995/-1/0/0

As far as I saw when I went there a couple of weeks ago, the only fire was the gas burnoff pipe which was above the wood and wool if I recall correctly?

Was this griefing, eco-terrorism, or did the pressure release valves not work correctly leading to catastrophic explosive failure?

Comments

• Hmm, guess I missed the act of god cause as a potential fire starter. Reminds me why I don't build wooden roofs on houses.
  • I've had buildings catch fire from lightning strikes....which is really, really annoying.
  • I missed the action myself, but I heard from Peter that Blobby rigged it with TNT intentionally.
  • Ah, so an insurance scam then!
  • hmmm never had a lightning strike burn down anything before. And I build like the second little piggy almost always.
  • Happened to me on the last two maps. In one case I noticed it immediately and put it out, in the other I didn't discover it until I saw all my horses scattering and the barn in ruins.

God fails to get me in real life, but he keeps trying in Minecraft.
  • It's rare, but it has happened to me on single player. That's why I roof with stone slabs or some such.
  • Man, my whole boat is wood haha that would be a bad day.
  • We had a catastrophic failure of judgement.

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file