Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Click here to visit the main website.
Thank you to all who helped to pay the server hosting bill!
New to the server? Click here for the main website.

Re-open Applications and Advertise the Server

While the map is still relatively new, we should advertise for new players. I remember I found this server through r/mcservers quite a few years ago. It would be nice to get a couple more people on in the evenings, especially for when stuff starts to slow down after a map becomes old.

Comments

• I agree, but don't you think that there are a whole lot of people on the whitelist for a 20 player server?

• This evening there was only 3 people online. Most of the whitelist consists of inactive players. The land claim thread only has 9 claims. While not every active user has posted there, it's a pretty good indication of how many regulars are playing right now.

• Isn't it still an issue? Maybe if we can clear out any inactive players?

• Grief protection is still an issue, have they built any new tools to roll back damage etc.? I ask because I've been away for a bit.

Currently we are super Vanilla with no protection besides rolling back the entire server. This is why the application process is on a "limited" basis. That being said if you personally have a friend, we will let them play here. But accepting unknown people is a bit risky, because people suck hehe.

• Sponge looks promising, though I admit I've also been away for a bit (4-5 years counts as "a bit" right?)

It looks like there are a number of anti-grief plugins to choose from. Only thing I can't say for sure is if it adds anything else on top of vanilla Minecraft besides the plugin API.

• we could ask PZ to make a call on his blog again. That's how I found out about it and we got a pretty good crop of people then.

Leave a Comment